Colon XR Review
Rated: 5.5 out of 10
Colon cleansing has been used to increase health since ancient times and has been popular in the United States since the 1920s. Effective colon cleaners remove toxins that build in the intestines. These toxins then get into the blood causing fatigue, loss of energy, and weight gain. Consumers face a serious problem in buying colon cleansing products today: unscrupulous companies use ineffective ingredients and follow bad business practices. Our reviewers are here to provide information to the consumer so they can make an informed decision about the best colon cleansing product to buy. This Colon XR review breaks down the ingredients, shows the side effects, and reports on some of the less-than-desirable practices by the makers of Colon XR.
Colon XR Ingredients
Colon XR contains some effective ingredients, but they have added many others that can have serious side effects. Colon XR ingredients are:
- Fennel Powder - can be effective for flatulence but does nothing for cleansing.
- Psyllium Powder - one of the few effective ingredients for colon cleansing.
- Rhubarb Powder - can be used as a purgative but that's not the result desired here.
- Buckthorn Powder - R. frangula was once used in gunpowder (), but ingestion provides no benefit.
- Licorice Powder - was used long ago for cough. It has no cleansing properties.
- Ginger Powder - can settle the stomach, but once in the intestine, it does nothing further.
- Goldenseal Extract - is the only other ingredient in Colon XR that has real colon cleansing benefits.
- Cascara Sagrada Powder - is used in many colon cleansing supplements, but it is hard on the body and has side effects
Colon XR Side Effects
Colon XR has so many ingredients that side effects are unavoidable. Except for Cascara Sagrada, the side-effect-causing ingredients have the added bane of no beneficial colon cleansing properties. Colon XR side effects that have been reported are:
- Neurotoxicity in breastfeeding mothers - expectant mothers should avoid at all costs.
- Heightened blood pressure - those with heart conditions or who already have high blood pressure could experience a stroke as reported in the Wikipedia listing for licorice root.
- Rash - allergic reactions have been reported.
- Thinning of the blood - leads to problems for those with clotting disorders.
- Heart arrhythmia - abnormal heartbeat.
- Ulcers - some ingredients have led to ulcers in users.
- Intestinal bleeding - ingestion of Cascara Sagrada leads to bloody stools and is much too harsh to be safe.
Buy Colon XR
Colon XR is sold primarily online, although some retail stores may have it stocked on their shelves. Online, a 30-day sample bottle is provided before you have to buy Colon XR, but many people are duped by the fine print. If you do not cancel within 15 days of the date shipped, the credit card provided for the $5.95 S&H will be charged $99.95 and again every 30 days until the subscription is cancelled. Since the time is based on the shipping date, the actual guaranteed time after arrival is unknown. It could be 7-10 days before the product even reaches your door.
Does Colon XR Work?
Granted, there are two ingredients in Colon XR that can be used effectively when combined with a selection of other safe ingredients, but Colon XR doesn't contain them. Instead, Colon XR contains several harmful and ineffective ingredients that we cannot recommend. Colon XR does not work and it is also more expensive than the products we have tested as effective. You can find the most effective colon cleanse products through our in-depth reviews. We've already done the research - simply read our reviews to find what works.
|Rank||Product||Photo||Effectiveness||Safety||Total Score / Learn More|
|4||Dual Action Cleanse||7.75